Unexpected Treasures

Two years ago after Scott’s death I went through all the photos and video clips that I had on our computer.  After talking with family, there was one video in particular that I was trying to find.  When I couldn’t find it on any of the computers and old photo discs I assumed that it had been deleted at some point.  I was so disappointed as it was a very funny video in which Scott is the operator of the video camera.  He isn’t pictured in the video but rather is narrating while he was videoing. 

A few months ago I gave my dad our little digital video camera to use for hunting and trapping since we hadn’t used it in years.  Just this week they looked at the videos they had taken and noticed that there were many more videos on it than they had done.   Today I finally had a chance to download those videos and see what was on the camera.  Like a treasure, hidden for years, the video clip that I had been craving for the past two years was on the camera.  It was so neat to hear Scott’s voice again. 



There are many other videos and pictures on that camera that are just as precious as there are videos in which Scott is actually pictured.  Usually he was the one operating the video camera so he was rarely in the video.  There have been many things recently that have pulled my spirits down, but God knew that I needed a lift to my spirits this weekend.  It is bittersweet to see them.  Among those videos are many videos of Scott doing things with Jaelyn around age 4/5.  Those will be treasures to both Jaelyn and me.  It helps her to keep fresh in her memory just how much her daddy loved her and how he spent time with her.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Normal"

Nine years

New Hobby -- Clay jewelry and crafts with Sculpey Clay