Remembering Scott -- The Heart Walk


The Heart Walk is coming up -- just six weeks away.  If you have lost someone to a heart condition or stroke, or know someone who has been affected by a heart condition, heart attack, or stroke, you have a personal reason to walk or to donate.  Last year was the first year that I chose to walk in Scott's memory.  Quite frankly I imagined that I would only do it one year.  I don't particularly enjoy being in large groups of people and after seeing the numbers for how many people show up for the Heart Walk each year I certainly didn't think that I would  be interested in doing it again.  To my utter surprise I thoroughly enjoyed the Heart Walk.  It is an extremely well organized event and it certainly didn't feel like there were as many people there as the numbers showed.  BUT, the main reason that I thoroughly enjoyed the Heart Walk was due to this group of people:

This is the majority of the team that showed up to walk in Scott's memory.  When we came together as a group for one purpose -- to remember Scott and his heart -- it brought a sense of unity.  I'm not sure I can adequately describe what it meant to come together as a group.  As much as I know in my head and heart that I am not alone in grieving Scott's loss, walking together in his memory allowed me to see with my eyes that Jaelyn and I are not alone.  If walking in Scott's memory causes you on one day to think about your own health and resolve to take whatever steps necessary to preserve your health, then that is one positive from this situation.  I do not want to see anyone else go through what Scott, our family, and our friends have gone through with Scott's loss, which was entirely preventable with the most basic of tests and treatment.

I am including below the link to my personal Heart Walk page.  There is a link to the team page -- if you would like to join us this year, follow this link and then click on the link "Join Team."  We are walking on September 28th at the Avon Park in Lebanon.  If you are unable to join us but would still like to donate in Scott's memory, or in memory or honor of someone close to you affected by heart disease or stroke, please click on the donate link on my page.  Every little bit helps.  Our team goal is for 20 walkers this year and $1000 in donations. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine years

"Normal"

New Hobby -- Clay jewelry and crafts with Sculpey Clay